Joining the STCA
The Scottish Terrier Club of America is dedicated to the pedigree dog and adherence to sound principles that enable this wonderful breed to flourish. We encourage your support and involvement as we strive to engage with breeders and owners in this pursuit.
STCA Member Benefits:
- Education and Mentorship
- Access to Health Trust Fund Research, Grants, and Library
- Research Pedigrees and Registry of Merit Titles
- STCA leaders in conformation, performance, and companion events
- Membership roster to stay connected with fellow STCA members around the world
- Access to the STCA Breeder referral service and free listing at the STCA website
- Access to 20 Regional Club affiliation nationwide for local specialty shows and events
- Participation in Junior Showmanship sponsorship, grants and scholarships
- The Bagpiper Magazine, National WrapUp newsletter and STCA broadcast emails
- Participation in national and regional legislation efforts with attendance at conferences
- Opportunities to rehome Scottish terriers in need and to serve on STCA committees
Membership fees are $30.00 per year for Individual membership, and $40.00 per year for Family membership (husband and wife; parent and off-spring; or two persons residing at the same address)
Junior membership fees are $15.00 per year
A one time initiation fee of $30.00 per membership unit is payable with this application or any reapplication for which a membership has lapsed for more than one year
Total fees due with this application are $60.00 for Individual membership or $70.00 for Family membership and $45.00 for Junior Membership
Applicants whose completed applications and supporting documents are received on or before THREE WEEKS PRIOR TO THE BAGPIPER deadline will have their names published in the next Bagpiper. Current Bagpiper deadlines are – January 15, April 15, July 15 and October 15. Following an eight-week period from the date of mailing of the Bagpiper, for membership input as to applicants, the Board will vote on your application.
Moneys will be refunded if the application not approved.
This package contains instructions and all application forms –
- Code of ethics
- Sponsors forms (2 copies)
Other forms of interest:
- FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS: Frequently asked questions and answers regarding STCA membership
- JUNIOR MEMBERSHIP Application Packet: Application for JUNIOR MEMBERSHIP to the STCA, 10 to 17 years of age
- PDF packet includes Instructions, Application and Code of Ethics
- Honorary Membership Application
The forms should be submitted to the STCA Membership Chair.