STCA Breeder of Merit Notification Form
Use this form to notify the STCA that you have received your AKC Breeder of Merit. This information will be sent to the STCA Breeder Chair who will verify the AKC Breeder of Merit on the AKC website and notify the web team to update the website.
The following must be met in order to be accepted into the AKC Breeder of Merit Program:
- Has a history of at least 5 years involvement with AKC events.
- Earned AKC Conformation, Performance or Companion event titles on a minimum of 4 dogs from AKC litters they bred/co-bred.
- Member of an AKC club.
- Certifies that applicable health screens are performed on your breeding stock as recommended by the Parent Club.
- Demonstrates a commitment to ensuring 100% of the puppies produced are AKC registered.
Advanced Levels of Recognition will require an additional application and will also be recognized on a breed specific basis.
Recognition is available to those that meet the following minimum standards:
- Have qualified and enrolled as a Breeder of Merit
- Can provide proof of Parent Club required health testing on parents of litters
- Have met their commitment to ensure that all their puppies get registered
Breeders who have produced a number of titled dogs will be recognized at the following levels:
|Recognition Level||Required titles on dogs bred/co-bred*|
|Breeder of Merit||Minimum of 4 dogs earning titles|
|Breeder of Merit – Bronze||Minimum of 10 dogs earning titles with at least 5 earning prefix titles|
|Breeder of Merit – Silver||Minimum of 25 dogs earning titles with a minimum of 15 being prefix titles|
|Breeder of Merit – Gold||Minimum of 50 dogs earning titles with a minimum of 30 dogs having earned prefix titles|
|Breeder of Merit – Platinum||Minimum of 100 dogs earning titles with a minimum of 60 having earned prefix titles|