1. Select and contact trial judges at least nine (9) months in advance.
2. Submit a copy of the Judge's contract to the STCA Treasurer with expense voucher and National Show Chair/VP with a notation on when the judge's check is to be ready and how it is to be presented.
3. File all AKC approved forms. Application for licensed or member trials must be received by the American Kennel Club at least EIGHTEEN (18) weeks before the closing date for entries of the event. Submit a copy of the application to the STCA Treasurer and National Show Chair/VP along with a request for a check.
4. As needed, coordinate with the Trophy Chairperson on the selection and quantity of trophies.
5. Arrange for the pickup of all trophies and ribbons for events.
6. Coordinate with the National Show Chair/VP on the Judge's gift and make the necessary arrangements to pick up the gift.
7. Present the Judge's gift to the Judge.
8. If needed, assume the responsibility for coordinating storage of the agility equipment and for retrieving it as needed for events.
9. Make all arrangements for the judge. This will include but may not be limited to:
a. Hotel reservations
b. Airline reservations
c. Judging fee
d. Ground transportation
10. Arrange for workers at the Trial including: check-in table, ring crew, hospitality, course builders, etc.
11. Submit a copy of all contracts to the STCA Treasurer and National Show Chair/VP.
Special Duties Regarding All-Terrier Agility Cluster and Independent STCA Agility Trials
1. Provide the Agility Show Secretary and National Show Chair/VP with the required information needed for the Premium List and Catalog.
2. Provide refreshments and lunch for trial workers and judges on STCA sponsored days.
3. STCA will award highest scoring* Scottish Terrier in Standard and JWW for each day of the agility cluster. This "High in Trial (HIT)" trophy and/or rosette will be equal the trophy value and rosette of High in Trial obedience.
4. Submits an Expense Voucher along with all receipts to the STCA Treasurer for reimbursement.
5. STCA will give a small gift to each Scottish Terrier Agility entrant, preferably through Ways and Means at cost. Coordinate with the National Show Chair/VP.
6. All-Terrier Agility Cluster Only: STCA will give an 'award' to each Scottie for each of their qualifying runs on each day. Those Scotties who double Q in standard and JWW will receive an additional 'award'. Agility Chair will contact Trophy Chair as needed to coordinate the ordering of awards/trophies. The budget for these Agility trophies/awards is estimated to be $250. If additional funding is needed, a request will be made to the Board for approval.
*Highest scoring Scottie is calculated by adding the dog's speed, as calculated in yards/sec (YPS), for both the JWW and Standard classes. The YPS is determined by dividing course distance (as reported by the judge), by the time of the dog to complete the course, for each qualifying run in Standard and JWW. Dog can be competing at any agility level (Novice – Master), and in either the regular or preferred class. Thus:
HIT Trial points** = (JWW YPS) + (STD YPS)
**Qualifying runs only are used for calculation
Revised May 2014
Copyright 2017 Scottish Terrier Club of America. Information and images may not be reproduced or used without prior authorization from the STCA.