First, have the potential CA affected Scottish Terrier evaluated.
Evaluation is being done by Dr Olby.
You will need to videotape your dog performing the following activities:
- walking both toward and away from the camera while exhibiting what you believe is behavior consistent with cerebellar abiotrophy
- walking across the camera from both sides and allowing a generous opportunity for Dr. Olby to observe the movement of the dog.Follow the movement of the dog with the camera to record this movement
- both climbing and descending steps while exhibiting what you believe is cerebellar abiotrophy
- any other video you feel would be helpful in making the diagnosis
Send your video with a narrative of the problems the dog is having to:
Natasha Olby Vet MB, PhD, MRCVS, DACVIM (Neurology)
Department of Clinical Sciences
1060 William Moore Dr.
Raleigh, NC 27607
If you have questions on this evaluation procedure, please contact Dr Olby.
Dr Olby will perform the evaluation and send you an evaluation.
Second, you need to decide if you want the dog listed in the STCA CA registry.
Dr Olby must have determined that your dog is a probable CA affected animal. There is no tracking of unaffected dogs. There is currently no tracking of other disorders.
You are not required to send this information to the club. The STCA encourages you to do so.
Third, send in a registration document.
To register a dog, you must agree/attest that (1) you are the current owner(s) of the dog, (2) you have had the dog examined, (3) the dog had a positive evaluation for CA, and (4) you are want to have this dog listed in the STCA open CA registry.
If there is more than one owner, all owners must agree/attest.
If the owners are not able to get physically together, one or more owners can fill out separate forms, with all the dog specific information including all of the owners name but only signing for themselves. The STCA HTF will correlate the information.
To complete the registration:
STCA HTF CA Registry
18831 NE 140 Pl
Woodinville, WA 98072
--- OR ---
- Complete the electronic form including as much information as possible about the dog
- Only one owner need sign electronically
- In addition, send an electronic copy of the evaluation from Dr Olby
Thank for you