STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURE
DELEGATE TO THE AMERICAN KENNEL CLUB
ARTICLE III, Section 2 (f):
The Delegate to the American Kennel Club shall represent the Scottish Terrier Club of America in all matters which concern the Club at The American Kennel Club, except applications for show dates, judges, etc., which shall properly fall into the province of the Corresponding Secretary. The Delegate shall serve a two year term and until the credentials of the successor of the Delegate have been acted upon with approval by the Board of Directors of the American Kennel Club, unless the Delegate has resigned or his appointment has been withdrawn by the Club.
DUTIES OF THE DELEGATE TO THE AMERICAN KENNEL CLUB
1. The Delegate to the American Kennel Club is a member of the Board of Directors of the Scottish Terrier Club of America, and as such, is required to attend all Board Meetings and conference calls, and to maintain a presence on the STCA Board Yahoo list.
2. The Delegate is required to attend all Delegate Meetings of the American Kennel Club. If the Delegate is NOT re-elected, he/she should also attend any meetings between the time of the Annual Meeting and the time that the new Delegate is seated, in order maintain continuity. The Scottish Terrier Club of America agrees to pay the expenses to attend these meetings. The budget for these meetings will be determined at the Annual STCA Board Meeting following the Annual Meeting and Dinner.
3. The Delegate will attend the AKC Parent Club Committee meeting held the day before the Delegates' Meeting, and any other committee meetings that he/she feels would be beneficial to the Club.
4. The Delegate will promptly submit after each meeting an Expense Reimbursement Voucher to the Treasurer for expenses incurred at that meeting.
5. The Delegate will prepare a written report for the STCA Board after each Delegates' Meeting, a written report for the Board meetings, and a report to the membership in each issue of the BAGPIPER.
6. The Delegate shall maintain memberships on the AKC Delegates' Yahoo group, the AKC Parent Club Yahoo group, and the AKC Parent Club Conference Yahoo group. Important information shared on these groups which may concern or affect the STCA will be forwarded to the STCA Board.
7. The Delegate will forward communications of interest to the STCA Board from the AKC Executive Secretary, the AKC Board of Directors, and the AKC Canine Health Foundation (CHF)
8. The Delegate will serve on, or chair, any committees assigned to him/her by the STCA Board.