AGREEMENT OF FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY
This agreement should be sent as an attachment with the agreement of acceptance of committee chair/co-chair for any STCA committee and officers that have income or expenses.
By signing the agreement to chair or co-chair a committee you also understand and agree to follow these policies of fiscal responsibility:
1. There are very few income-producing committees to raise revenues to fund the many activities of STCA Chairpersons of these committees should be aware of their great importance to the Club.
2. The chair/co-chair will be given a budget as established for that committee and it is the responsibility of the chair/co-chair to carefully adhere to the budget.
3. If other members of the committee will be incurring expenses, it is the responsibility of the chair to inform them of the budget, including what is reimbursable.
4. Reimbursable expenses on committee budgets may include printing (flyers, tickets, letters), postage, one-half the cost of phone calls, plus specific items unique to that committee, (ie. trophies).
5. Printed materials such as tickets, flyers, booklets, stationary and envelopes, along with postage make up a large portion of most budgets.
6. Receipts for all allowable expenses must be retained to submit for reimbursement by the Treasurer and a record of all expenses will be kept by the chair to include in their report.
7. Payment will not be reimbursed beyond the budgeted amounts.
8. Should it appear that the predicted expenses may go over the amount allowed in the budget, the chair will need to get approval from the STCA Board before incurring such expenses.
9. If money is taken in as a part of this committee, checks and monies are to be forwarded to the Treasurer at least once a month. Include a log of monies enclosed and retain a copy for your record to prepare your report. (i.e. Trophy, Advertising)
10. Each Chair will prepare and submit a full financial statement at the end of the activity or event, including all income and all expenses. A complete financial statement is to be presented to the Treasurer, the President and to the National Show Chairman, if applicable.
11. The Chair may wish to set up a system of payment vouchers with the Treasurer. Committee members with receipts for reimbursement should turn them over to the hair, who will check against the budget, record for inclusion in the Financial Report statement, verify the approved amount by signing the voucher for approval of payment and forward the voucher to the Treasurer for reimbursement.