Revised Jan 22, 2011
STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURES
WAYS AND MEANS
• FUNDRAISING: Ways & Mean Committee has been established as a fundraising arm of STCA.
Proceeds from sales of Ways & Means items throughout the year help to a) defray the costs associated with STCA's National Sweepstakes and show expenses during Montgomery County weekend and b) add to the Club's general fund to help balance operating expenses.
• STCA BRAND and IMAGE AWARENESS: Ways & Means identifies and produces quality items which promote the STCA Brand, create a design standard for all apparel and novelty items, aka "Spirit Gear".
II. CHAIR & CO-CHAIR POSITIONS
• Appointment is made by the Board as outlined in Constitution (Article V: Committees)
• Recommendations of Committee Chair are made by the STCA President for Board Approval during the October Board Meeting.
• Committee Chair assembles committee members.
• Committee Chair reports directly to Board Liaison designate.
III. CHAIR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Serve as an ambassador of the STCA
• Develop and manage goals for Ways & Means
• Assemble volunteers to fulfill goals of the committee
• Oversee the STCA brand on all items created.
• Prepare recommendation and budget for the year which may include introduction of new offerings or fundraising concept
• Prepare advertising for club publications ("Bagpiper" and Regional "WrapUp", electronic newsletter published by Regional Club Representative Chair)
• Prepare reports to board (electronically) through Board Liaison
• Coordinate W&M Table during Montgomery weekend
• Coordinate information on STCA "Shoppe" on STCA website
• Manage inventory in storage & fulfill orders placed through website and personal contact
Ways & Means Suggested Timeline
January - February
Evaluate existing inventory and opportunities for new merchandise.
Begin preparing proposal to present to STCA Board at Rotating in April.
Secure pricing from vendors
Ways & Means
Revised Jan 22, 2011
Prepare proposal and report for STCA Board Liaison and Board.
Send proposal April 1 to liaison. If agenda permits, plan to submit proposal with physical samples of proposed merchandise to Board. If unable to attend, send materials to liaison.
May - July
Order items for delivery by August 30/September 1.
Prepare advertisement for Montgomery ad packet and pre-Montgomery issue of "Bagpiper."
Send letter(s) to national companies soliciting donations.
Prepare promotional materials/on-site signage materials for National Sweepstakes site.
Prepare Price List - print
Take delivery of items, price
Design any physical displays for National Sweepstakes
Send email to STCA members/Board soliciting volunteers for National Sweepstakes
Send email/or information to all Regional Clubs "advertising" Ways & Means
Finalize inventory, signage, pricing lists, volunteers.
Send email to all Regional Clubs again.
All income/expense forms hand delivered to STCA treasurer upon completion of Annual Banquet.
Return unsold inventory of STCA gear to Lackland Storage Locker, King of Prussia, PA.
Prepare final report for STCA Board.
Prepare advertisement for December "Bagpiper" to sell items for holiday gifts.
Send email to all regional clubs advertising merchandise.
December - Mail holiday gifts!