Officers and Trustees Position Descriptions
Rescue Trust Fund
From the Rescue Trust Fund Document:
1(b) All Trustees shall be elected by a majority vote of the STCA Board...The Rescue Trust shall be comprised of one past or current member of the STCA Board, and the remaining Trustees must be members of STCA. As a guideline, it is recommended that Trustees be chosen for experience in rescue, veterinary care, or finance.
The Rescue Coordinator(s) shall be the Chairperson (or Co-Chairpersons) of the Rescue Trust and shall be appointed by the STCA Board from among the five (5) elected Trustees. There may not be more than two (2) Rescue Coordinators at one time. The Rescue Coordinator(s) shall also serve as chair of the Rescue Committee. The Treasurer of the Rescue Trust may not serve as a Rescue Coordinator...
Trustees shall serve for a term of two (2) years...Trustees may serve as many consecutive terms to which they are elected; there shall be no limits on the number of terms. The Rescue Coordinator(s) shall serve at the pleasure of the SCA Board.
1. The Chairperson(s) is simultaneously the National STCA Rescue Coordinator
and is bound by the Standard Operating Procedure of the STCA for that
position. Therefore, the current STCA SOP for Rescue Coordinator(s) is
incorporated herein and shall guide the chairperson(s)' actions so as
not to be in conflict with the Rescue Coordinator(s) position.
2. The Chairperson(s) shall be in charge of all meetings and the conduct
of the business of the RTF by mail, online or by any electronic means.
3. The Chairperson(s) shall have the right to bring to the RTF for
decision any issues he/she finds appropriate relative to the Rescue
Coordinator(s)' work, or where the action of the RTF would have benefit
to the function of the STCA Rescue.
4. The Chairperson(s) shall have the responsibility of, in cooperation
with all of the Trustees, reporting to the STCA Board on the
activities and concerns of the RTF.
5. The Chairperson(s) shall have authority to authorize or make payments
for necessary care up to a limit approved by the STCA Board. Amounts
in excess must be approved by the RTF Trustees prior to being
submitted to the Board for their approval. Once authorized, the
Chairperson(s) will notify the RTF Treasurer to issue a check or use the
RTF Credit or Debit card directly to make the required payment. When
the card is used, the receipt should be requested to be sent to the
RTF Treasurer for the records.
6. The Chairperson(s) shall convey to the President, Secretary, and
Rescue Liaison of the STCA, all requests that exceed the approved
Page 2 RTF Position Descriptions
Board expenditure limit per Rescue dog. Upon receiving the decision
of the STCA Board, shall have the responsibility of notifying the RTF
Treasurer to take the appropriate action and notifying the other
Trustees of the decision.
1. The Treasurer shall receive and disburse all Rescue Trust Fund monies
2. The Treasurer shall keep records of disbursals for rescue dogs or for grants for the care of rescue dogs in such a way that there is a record of income and expense for each individual dog. The Treasurer shall issue reports to the Trustees at each meeting and/or semi annually, whichever is more often, and as requested by the Chairperson.
3. The Treasurer shall be responsible for submitting Treasurer's Reports, approved by the Trustees, to the STCA Board and the STCA Bagpiper in accordance with their requirements.
1. The Secretary shall have the responsibility of recording minutes of all meetings and of recording motions made during written or electronic business and providing a copy to each Trustee. After approval of the minutes and records by a vote of the Trustees, the Secretary shall provide copies to the President, Treasurer and Secretary.
2. The Secretary shall receive correspondence on behalf of the RTF and issue whatever correspondence from the RTF is required at the direction of the Chairperson or Trustees.
3. The Secretary shall be responsible for sending thank-you cards for donations and for sending acknowledgement cards to honorees in whose name donations are made when so requested by the donors.
It is the responsibility of each Trustee to attend RTF meetings and to conduct RTF business when requested by the Chairperson(s) or fellow Trustees. A Trustee should be willing to accept such additional assignments as may be made by the Chairperson(s) or fellow Trustees for the benefit of the RTF. Trustees should be mindful of the necessity of confidentiality in sensitive matters. Trustees should conduct themselves in a way that best benefits the purposes of the Rescue Trust Fund, STCA Rescue and the STCA.