SOP OBEDIENCE AND RALLY CHAIRPERSON
The STCA Vice President National Show Chairperson oversees all Committees pertaining to both the Rotating and National Specialties.
The STCA Board determines the date, time, location and entry fee of the Obedience and Rally Trial.
1. Obedience and Rally Judges' Fees and expenses should not exceed $500. We are presently using 1 judge for Obedience and Rally.
2. Printing and mailing, including costs, of the Rally and Obedience Trial Premium.
3. Printing the Catalog for the trial. Price of Catalog is set by the STCA. The Rally exhibits are included in the combined catalog.
4. Provides event information to the STCA Advertising Chairperson for inclusion in ad solicitation, event advertising in The Bagpiper and the STCA's electronic newsletter WrapUp, and wherever the event is publicized.
a) Obedience – The STCA provides trophies from the STCA Trophy Donation Fund for the Highest Scoring Dog and 1st through 4th places in Regular Classes.
b) Rally – The STCA provides trophies from the STCA Trophy Donation Fund for the 1st through 4th places in each class.
6. Judges – Invites the Obedience/Rally Judge as a guest at the Annual Meeting/Dinner.
7. Judges' Gifts – Provides a gift for each judge or one gift if the Obedience & Rally Judge are one in the same.
OBEDIENCE & RALLY COMMITTEE RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Committee and Chair select the judge. Obedience and Rally Judge's Fees and expenses should not exceed $500. We are presently using 1 judge for Obedience and Rally.
2. The AKC show application and the judge's contract should be copied and sent to the VP / National Show Chair. The judge's contract also must be present at the show.
3. Sends a letter of acceptance to the Judge(s), answering any questions the Judge(s) may have, and assist in making hotel reservations.
4. Supplies information for the Premium.
5. Selects competent Ring Stewards (2). Consults with STCA VP/National Show Chair if assistance is needed in securing Ring Stewards.
6. Arranges for extra ring equipment as required; communicates needs to STCA VP/National Show Chair who handles site arrangements if Obedience/Rally & Sweepstakes are held at same site. Notifies STCA VP/National Show Chair of ring requirements. As of 2014 Rau Dog Shows supplies ring and trial equipment for show site. STCA VP/National Show Chair contacts Rau to reserve date and makes request for equipment and pricing of same.
7. Sets up and dismantles Obedience & Rally Trial ring if a superintendent is not used.
8. Ensures that "clean up" supplies are in place prior to Trial for dogs and the judge.
9. Cleans up Obedience & Rally Trial area.
10. Ensures trophies obtained by the STCA (item 5 above) are on hand at the Trial.
10.Sets up and dismantles Obedience & Rally trophy table.
Board Approved April 26, 2014