STCA Honorary Membership
Updated with C&BL Dec. 2014
SOP STCA Honorary Membership
Any STCA member in good standing may nominate a member or, in special circumstances, a non-member, for Honorary Membership.
The STCA will confer Honorary Membership to those members who have provided meritorious service to the club, or who have proven themselves to be stewards of the breed and mentors within the club. Length of membership will be taken into consideration for the granting of Honorary Membership. Any STCA member celebrating their 50-year membership anniversary will automatically be granted Honorary Membership. Non-members who have demonstrated a life-long dedication to the breed and extraordinary achievement for the benefit of the STCA may be considered for Honorary Membership.
Honorary Members do not pay dues nor do they vote, but receive the Bagpiper free of charge. (Amendment approved by The American Kennel Club, December 2014)
- Nominations for Honorary Membership are to be sent to the Membership Chair for presentation to the STCA Board.
- The deadline for Honorary Membership nominations will be 15 days before the STCA National Rotating Board meeting.
- In addition, the Membership Committee will review the list of members annually and submit its report to the Board 15 days before the Rotating meeting, so those worthy nominees for Honorary Membership are not overlooked. It is recommended that the Membership Committee begin their review with the 25-year members.
- The procedure for Honorary Membership will be added to the membership section of the STCA website.
- Voting Procedure for Honorary Membership
- The membership chair will prepare the information about the Honorary Membership nominees and present it to the board prior to the vote.
- The vote for Honorary Membership will occur by a secret ballot at a face-to-face meeting, prior to the annual fall meeting and at the same time as the vote for annual service awards.
- A nominee must receive a two-thirds vote of the board to be granted Honorary Membership.
- Awarding of Honorary Membership
- The new honorary members will be notified by the corresponding secretary of the granting of Honorary Membership.
- The new honorary members will be recognized at the annual awards banquet at the national fall specialty. They will be guests of the STCA at the banquet. They will be introduced by the STCA president and will be awarded an Honorary Membership certificate.
- A brief article about the honorary member will be published in the Bagpiper during the first year of Honorary Membership.