SOP BAGPIPER MARKETING DIRECTOR REVISED 2014
The Bagpiper Marketing Director is appointed for a one-year term by the Board at the Annual STCA Board Meeting following the annual dinner meeting. The Bagpiper Marketing Director consists of one member of the STCA.
1. Promote the Bagpiper publication and actively encourage STCA members to advertise4. Ads may be black and white full or half page, color full or half page, business card ads, stud dog ads in first issue of the year (start soliciting in the fall). Reach out to clubs for regional specialty club ads.
2. This committee person is free to solicit by means of the internet or by post. They may also contact the newsletter committee persons to place an advert in the STCA newsletter. The use of yahoo groups or chat lists that are not sponsored by the STCA should be used sparingly and only without any reference that it is official "STCA correspondence"
3. No less than 10 days and preferably 14-20 days prior to the deadline date of the Bagpiper, contact members for the first time. Friendly reminders are also welcomed 5 days before the deadline. Two weeks is a nice time to first contact members, and it is not too early that they don't forget and close enough that it gives members ample time.
4. Design the STCA News! email distribution for the STCA membership with reminders, deadlines and/or extensions, the contact person where ads should be sent with payment with also a mention that details can be found on the STCA website www.stca.biz. Send the request to the website committee at least 5 days prior to when the blast is to be sent specifying when the blast should be sent. Two but preferably three emails should be sent to the membership before the deadline as a courtesy reminder to them.
5. Contact conformation members who have show wins and also performance members who do agility, earthdog, obedience/rally or any sport or function within our breed.
6. Search out members with any wins by means of the show dog lists, AKC wins, or performance list wins.
7. Cultivate positive relationships. Stay pleasant with members and always thank them if they take an ad or not.