SOP Awards Chair
The Awards Chair is a member of the Board of Directors and is responsible for coordinating the presentation of the STCA Trophies and Annual Awards and 25/50 year service awards at the Annual Meeting, for record keeping regarding awards & trophies.
Silver Service Medallion & STCA Good Sportsmanship Medal
1. The Corresponding Secretary will solicit from the membership nominations for recipients of the service awards via a nomination form distributed with the annual dues notification sent by the Treasurer and placed on the STCA web site. Notice of reminder to go in the #4 issue of the Bagpiper. Notices will include the deadline date for submission of nominations. Nominations are received by the Corresponding Secretary and should include a bio-sketch and summary of the nominee’s qualification for the award.
2. The deadline for receipt of nominations is March 1. The Corresponding Secretary will accept no late nominations.
3. The Corresponding Secretary will provide the Board with a list of the nominees’ names and letters of recommendation in the Corresponding Secretary’s report submitted prior to the Rotating specialty weekend.
4. The Corresponding Secretary will prepare a ballot of eligible nominees.
5. The Awards Chair will store and keep an inventory of the Silver Service Medallions, and bring the number required to the Annual Meeting and Awards Banquet for presentation.
7. The Awards Chair will send letters to all the award recipients inviting them to the Annual Meeting and Awards Banquet to receive their awards, not disclosing to the winners of the Good Sportsmanship and Silver Service Medallion that they have won, and will CC the Corresponding Secretary on the letters.
8. The Awards Chair will have the plaque prepared for the STCA Good Sportsmanship Award and the Lloyd Trophy Award with sponsors approval of the wording.
25/50 Year Service Awards
1. The Awards Chair will request the Recording Secretary to check the membership records to determine recipients of 25 and 50 year membership pins by February 1st.
2. The Awards Chair will notify the 25/50 members by June 1st advising them of their anniversary and inviting them to attend the Annual Meeting and Awards Banquet to receive their pins. Pins will not be picked up by another member, but will be mailed
after the meeting with a congratulatory letter, return receipt requested. Banquet dinners for 50-year service award recipients will be paid for by the STCA, and letters should so state. [Motion passed, 12/06].
3. The Awards Chair (or a designee) will include a biographical questionnaire with the anniversary notification letters. This information will be compiled for an article on the 50 year members to be published in the #3 Bagpiper.
SOP AWARDS CHAIR
4. The Awards Chair will store & keep an inventory of the 25 and 50 year service pins, and bring the number required to the Annual Meeting and Awards Banquet for presentation. These pins are the membership pins with a cubic zirconia chip added.
Trust Fund and Rescue Trust Fund Awards
1. The Awards Chair will co-ordinate with the HTF Chair and the RTF Chair regarding these award presentations at the Annual Meeting and Awards Banquet.
2. The Awards Chair will insure that the criteria and names of previous award recipients for these awards are included in the Awards Booklet. All other responsibility for these awards lies with the respective Trust.
1. DONORS The Awards Chair will send letters informing the donors of the annual awards of the recipient's name, and requesting the donor have the award present at the Annual Meeting and Awards Banquet. The award must be mailed & received by the Awards Chair by September 1st if the donor cannot be present at the Annual Meeting.
2. RECIPIENTS The Awards Chair will send congratulatory letters to the recipients of the annual awards PRIOR to the printing of the final award standings in the Bagpiper. Award recipients will be requested to be present at the banquet to receive their award, or make arrangements to have the award received by another. If the award is received by another, the Awards Chair will send a congratulatory letter letting them know who received the award in their absence. If there are no instructions, the Awards Chair will mail the award along with the congratulatory letter insured with return receipt requested. Additionally the Awards Chair will follow up to ensure that all recipients have received their award.
3. The Awards Chair will coordinate, with a sponsor, the engraving of trophies in the possession of the STCA.
1. Obedience Awards. The Obedience Chair is responsible for the tabulation and notification of award winners and award donors, and for providing the awards for presentation at the Annual Meeting and Awards Banquet, unless otherwise noted below. Results of the winners must be provided to the Awards Chair by July 1st.
2. SFBSTC Versatility Award. Application, including copies of certification must be sent to the Awards Chairman of the STCA no later than June 1st of the year it is being awarded. The owner(s) of the Dog/Bitch must be a STCA member of record for all of the recognized titles. The STCA Awards Chairman must send the recipients' information to PAGE 3
SOP AWARDS CHAIR
the Secretary of the SFBSTC no later than July 1st. This must include copies of the AKC certificates for each title earned. The STCA Awards Chairman is responsible for presentation at the Annual Meeting/Awards Banquet. Deadlines are absolute.
3. STCA Performance Award. The Obedience Chair will receive the documentation for this award from potential recipients no later than June 1st , will tally the titles according to the award criteria, and notify the Awards Chair by July 1st . The Awards Chair will notify the recipients inviting them to the Annual Meeting and Awards Banquet.
4. AgilScot Award. The sponsor / donor of this award is responsible for the tabulation and for providing the award for presentation at the Annual Meeting and Awards Banquet. The Winner will be provided to the Awards Chair by July 1st. The Chair will send a congratulatory letter to the award recipient.
Certificates of Recognition
1. STCA certificates of recognition are provided upon request for: AKC conformation, obedience, agility, earthdog, rally and tracking titles achieved, and, for Canine Good Citizen and Therapy certifications earned.
2. STCA members must request a certificate & provide proof of title or designation achieved to the Awards Chair. All titles or certifications must have been earned by Scottish Terriers owned by STCA members at the time of their achievement.
3. The Awards Chair will submit the names of the dogs receiving CGC and Therapy certificates for publication in The Bagpiper #1. (Note: Provide names to Tally Chair for publication in conjunction with the ROM/HOF listings).
4. The Awards Chair will notify the membership via notice in the #1 issue of the Bagpiper of the process for receiving an STCA certificate of recognition.
Annual Meeting Responsibilities
1. Awards Program Booklet. The Chair compiles a list of the awards, donors and recipients beginning June 1st. Following the format of previously prepared Awards Booklets, the Chair is responsible for having the booklet printed, delivered, and placed at each place setting at the Annual Meeting and Awards Banquet. The number of copies printed is determined by the number of dinner reservations made for the banquet.
2. The Chair appoints a committee to help arrange an attractive display of all awards on the tables for viewing by members & guests during the Annual Meeting and Awards Banquet. Plan to have set up complete an hour prior to the start of the dinner. Each award will be labeled with the title on a card in front of the award.
3) The Chair hosts the awards presentation at the Annual Meeting and Awards Banquet.
SOP AWARDS CHAIR
4) Following the Awards presentation, all awards will be re-packed for transport to Montgomery on Sunday for display and to the storage unit.
Record Keeping Responsibilities
1. The Awards Chair is responsible for updating and maintaining the information contained in the STCA Annual Awards and Trophies Description document as necessary, to keep current with Board decisions/motions.
2) The Awards Chair will keep a record of all Board approved motions which pertain to awards and trophies.
3) The Awards Chair will enforce the policies that a) no current Board member will be eligible for service awards, b) donors of awards are eligible to win or accept awards which they sponsor.
3) The Awards Chair will ensure that the Award Chair SOP is current and up-to-date.
4) Deadline is defined as in possession of the appropriate Chair.
SOP AWARDS CHAIR
Calendar-At-A-Glance for Awards
January 30th - Full award criteria and notice regarding process for certificates of
recognition under Tally Report to be published in Bagpiper #1.
March 1st- Deadline for service award nominations.
March 1st – Corresponding Secretary to compile service award nomination info & ballot for Board vote at Rotating Board Meeting.
April 1st - Obedience Chair provides tallies for obedience awards; Tally Chair provides tally for conformation awards; AgilScot sponsor provides tally for agility award.
June 1st - Contact award sponsors and recipients. Send letters to 25/50 year anniversary members with biographical questionnaire to the 50 year members.
June 1st- Deadline for SFBSTC Versatility and STCA Performance Award documentation.
July 1st- Tally SFBSTC Versatility Award and STCA Performance Awards. Notify
SBFSTC Secretary of recipient (if any). Notify recipients of STCA Performance Awards. Submit article on 50 members for the Bagpiper.
August 15th - Prepare Awards Booklet.
A) Make sure all trophies / awards have been received.
B) Have Awards Booklet printed, number dependent upon banquet reservations.
C) Submit an article and photo for 50 year member(s) to be published in Bagpiper #4.
October 15th –
A) Put notice in Bagpiper #4 regarding service award nominations / deadline.
B) Send out 25/50 pins to those unable to attend dinner, and all awards not picked up by winners. Mail with insurance, signature required and tracking.
Revised & Approved JAN 22, 2011 / Revised Feb 22, 2014, Revised July 30, 2014