The Scottish Terrier Club of America is the AKC breed club for the Scottish Terrier. Its members are a diverse group united in their interest in the breed. They spend time with their dogs at home on the sofa and at a variety of activities, including social events and all kinds of performance events from Conformation showing to Agility to Earthdog. Some members also breed and raise puppies, while others participate in the rescue and rehoming of Scots who need a new home. Universally, members of the STCA love their Scotties.
We hope you find the information on this website useful whether you are a confirmed Scottie lover - or somebody interested in the breed. There is a wealth of information provided and many contacts who would love to visit with you about Scots. Navigate the site by using the menu at the left or on the top.
The Search Function (below the photos on the of top page) can be useful finding information.
Here is a brief index of what you will find under each menu item.
- About the STCA: Information about the STCA including membership info, committees, BOD members, SOP's, Forms, etc.
- The Breed: Learn about the Scottish Terrier, history, standard and the ever popular Pedigree Search
- Purchasing a Scottie: Information for those looking to buy a Scottish Terrier, including breeder referral and other information.
- Showing and Performance: Learn about conformation, performance and companion events for you and your Scottie. View the various successes and progress of our Scotties in various AKC endeavours including conformation and performation.
- Scottie Health: Information about Scottish Terrier Health - and the STCA Health Trust Fund. There is a wealth of information here
- Scottie Rescue: Sometimes Scotties need a home and STCA Rescue is dedicated to making this happen.
- Boutique: Our on-line store with all sorts of great Scottie Items - from the decorative to the informative - such as the 2010 Guide to Grooming the Scottish Terrier and the 2017 Grooming Video.
- Feedback: Send a message to the STCA Web team.